Our School - Vision & Values
At Donald Primary School we use a whole-school, cooperative approach to set high expectations and clear team values for all students and staff.
This is achieved by:
- Encouraging, recognising, celebrating and rewarding achievement.
- Treating children as individuals and building on their strengths and developing their weaknesses.
- Providing high quality, innovative teaching and learning opportunities.
- Valuing our staff and encouraging their professional development.
- Maintaining the highest ethical standards and treating everyone fairly and equitably.
- Striving for continuous improvement and promoting innovation.
- Believing in offering a diverse range of school programs and extra curricula activities.
- Emphasising children being engaged and having fun in an organised, quality learning environment.
At The Donald Primary School our aim is to develop the needs of the whole child, academically, socially, emotionally, spiritually and physically (student well-being). These underpin our personal development values to ensure the healthy progress of every child is made and so that each child has the knowledge, skills, and resiliency to be successful in a rapidly changing world.
Our school focuses on:
- RESPECT (self awareness) - For others, ourselves, the environment and school resources.
- MUTUAL RESPECT (for everybody) – We will treat people the way we want to be treated.
- ‘HAVE A RED HOT GO!’ (personal best) – It’s important that we do everything to the best of our ability.
- ATTENTIVE LISTENING (Stop, look & listen) – We will listen with our eyes, ears and hearts.
- ‘HERE TO LEARN’ (it’s a privilege) – We have the right to participate & we know the more we participate the more we gain.
- RESPONSIBILITY (for own learning) - I am in control of my own actions and the way in which I behave and learn.
- NO PUT DOWNS (NAME IT!)– We will speak kindly to others and think of other people’s feelings.
Our school focus/values are the A B C D &E of Donald Primary School
- A is for Attitude (Be Positive, “Have a Red Hot Go”)
- B is for Best Efforts (All the Time)
- C is for Courtesy, Community & Good Deeds
- D is for Do what your teacher says first time
- E is for Empathy and Emotion